Irish Bend Covered Bridge (Corvallis campus)
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
Irish Bend Covered Bridge is a wooden covered bridge near Corvallis Oregon, United States. It was constructed in 1954 and originally spanned the Willamette Slough on Irish Bend Road near the town of Monroe. However, in 1975 Irish Bend Road was realigned and the bridge fell into a state of disrepair. The bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. It was eventually dismantled in 1988 and reconstructed on university property.
Today, the bridge is part of a path through the research farm between 35th and 53rd Streets on the west side of the OSU campus, spanning Oak Creek. Although the property is owned by the university, maintenance is carried out by the Benton County Parks Department.